Check periodically to make sure the biscuits aren’t too brown.
Like most Corgis, Boomer and LuLu know the value of a biscuit, and the only thing better than a biscuit is a HOMEMADE biscuit!
Corgis without biscuits, a woeful sight.
Luckily for thesee two, Mom Elisa M. is an ace baker. Her Cardigans love the peanut butter biscuit recipe so much, she’s named it for them!
Try it with your own low-riders … crunch-a-liciousness guaranteed.
Boomer & LuLu’s Peanut Butter Crunch Biscuits
Recipe makes 30 3 inch-long bone shaped treats.
What you’ll need:
Dog bone cookie cutter (or any cutter you have around the house)
Mixing Bowls and Spoons
Food Processor or Blender
I like to use organic ingredients as much as possible when making treats for Boomer and LuLu.
1 cup crunchy natural Peanut Butter
1/3 cup Honey
1/3 cup LOW SODIUM Beef or Chicken Broth
3 cups Quick Oats
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grind 2 cups of oats in a blender or food processor until a course flour.
3. Warm peanut butter and honey in the microwave for about 45 seconds, until soft enough to mix with the other ingredients.
4. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
5. Place dough on a floured surface. Knead the dough until you can make a ball. If dough is too dry and doesn’t form a ball, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of broth.
6. Roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick.
7. Use your cookie cutter to cut the dough into your chosen shape. I like to use parchment paper so the biscuits don’t stick to the cookie sheet. Gently transfer the shapes to the cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until bottoms of the biscuits are golden brown. For a crunchier biscuit, shut off the oven, flip treats over on the cookie sheet and leave in while the oven cools down.
9. Let the biscuits cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Wait, isn’t there a step missing?
Biscuits in bellies!!!
* * * * *
Thanks for the recipe, Elisa!
If you’d like to see more of Elisa’s work (fun and delicious), visit Pudgecakes on facebook.
Boomer (aka Boomie Pow Pow) has his own facebook page, and someday when little sister LuLu grows up she’ll get one too.