The bidding war was on, with bids going up by $10 increments as everyone watched with growing excitement. The high bid was constantly changing hands….$30, $50, $60, $75 ….. followed by a match challenge started by Truman Corgi. He said if the bid got to $150 he would match it! The gauntlet was thrown and low and behold the bid reached $150 and true to his word Truman Corgi went right to CorgiAid’s website and sent off his generous donation.
After 46 hours of fun and fundraising the auction came to an end on Sunday, December 4th at 5PM EST. When all was said and done the final total pledged to Corgi Aid was a whopping $1430.00!!!!
Spark Plug was humbled and amazed that his fun little joke turned into a great way for raise awareness and funds for Corgi Aid! And he wants to thank all those who helped to make it possible!! They are:
- The winning high bidder, Michelle Kilbourne, who donated $250.00!
- Truman Corgi who kept a running tally of the bids, pledges and gifts.
- Judi Lundberg who assisted Truman Corgi in keep the bidding going.
- Barney Boots, Spark Plug’s co-conspirator and partner in Corgi crime, for capping off the auction by placing all the participants name in a drawing for a great prize: a one ounce silver bar that was awarded to Laurie Eno
- All of those who pledged to CorgiAid: Michelle Kilbourne, Spark Plug, Truman Corgi, IMStuart, PembrokeBandit Corgi, Stephanie Dubick, Carla Tarantino, Judi Lundberg, Fred Lily Maudlin, Gracie LuLu, Caryl Bahner-Guhin, BonBon Banks, Elizabeth Banks, Rebecca Garrett, Cal Moffitt and several others who we couldn’t reach for permission to use their name.
- And everyone else who helped to get the word out by sharing Spark Plug’s post with their friends.
The Corgi Nation Rocks!!!