The bidding war was on, with bids going up by $10 increments as everyone watched with growing excitement. The high bid was constantly changing hands….$30, $50, $60, $75 ….. followed by a match challenge started by Truman Corgi. He said if the bid got to $150 he would match it! The gauntlet was thrown and low and behold the bid reached $150 and true to his word Truman Corgi went right to CorgiAid’s website and sent off his generous donation.
After 46 hours of fun and fundraising the auction came to an end on Sunday, December 4th at 5PM EST. When all was said and done the final total pledged to Corgi Aid was a whopping $1430.00!!!!
Spark Plug was humbled and amazed that his fun little joke turned into a great way for raise awareness and funds for Corgi Aid! And he wants to thank all those who helped to make it possible!! They are:
- The winning high bidder, Michelle Kilbourne, who donated $250.00!
- Truman Corgi who kept a running tally of the bids, pledges and gifts.
- Judi Lundberg who assisted Truman Corgi in keep the bidding going.
- Barney Boots, Spark Plug’s co-conspirator and partner in Corgi crime, for capping off the auction by placing all the participants name in a drawing for a great prize: a one ounce silver bar that was awarded to Laurie Eno
- All of those who pledged to CorgiAid: Michelle Kilbourne, Spark Plug, Truman Corgi, IMStuart, PembrokeBandit Corgi, Stephanie Dubick, Carla Tarantino, Judi Lundberg, Fred Lily Maudlin, Gracie LuLu, Caryl Bahner-Guhin, BonBon Banks, Elizabeth Banks, Rebecca Garrett, Cal Moffitt and several others who we couldn’t reach for permission to use their name.
- And everyone else who helped to get the word out by sharing Spark Plug’s post with their friends.
The Corgi Nation Rocks!!!
Marci B says……altho my finances stink and I can't give at this time, I completely loved following the auction on FB. It was heartwarming, joyous, funny, and the money raised was phenominal. Corgi Nation is the BEST!
THE feel good story of the week !! Just fabulous 🙂
I'm so glad my corgi isn't the only one who is able to free himself from the cone of shame!
I'm so glad that my corgi isn't the only one who can free himself from "the cone of shame". The smug look he gave me when the vet put it on… All I could think of was Bender from Futurama saying "Ooop! I'm boned!"
OMG! That is just amazing!
My Gracie would have PAID someone $1400. to take her cone of shame away (we still have it somewhere – she growls & barks at it whenever it appears)
That just ROCKS for corgi aid!
Amy, Magic and Romeo says
This impromptu event is a wonderful example of what Corgi Nation can do! Time and time again, Corgi moms and dads come together to do such great things and help each other and Corgis in need. Thank you to everyone who was involved in this. I know CorgiAid will be able to help some rescue Corgis who need health care to go forward and lead happy lives as a result of the Spark Plug special grant, BOL!!!! Amy, Magic and little rescue Romeo